Jelly Bean 2.0 Custom Rom for Samsung Galaxy Y
Finally Jelly Bean Roms are available for your Galaxy Y. Check this out! Credit goes to the developer “AvijitGhosh82″ from xda-developers.
- Totally Jelly Bean themed.
- Jelly Bean live wallpaper.
- Tons of beautiful wallpapers.
- New ICS themed file explorer.
- Theme CHROME browser.(Lightning fast).
- New ICS/JB messaging app.
- New ICS/JB keyboard.
- New Jelly Bean bootanimation.
- Includes full fledged office suite.
- More transparent status bar (If you want Next2ICS 1.0 status bar only then flash the second zip..else no need..)
- The stable edition does not include swype to remove notifications, but has a “CLEAR BUTTON” which does the same job with a single click.
- JELLY BEAN LOCKSCREEN.
- Now includes customizable ICS /JB like soft buttons.
- Fixed all bugs in 1.0.
You can download this sweet rom from here : Download
- Download the .zip file and copy to your sdcard. Be sure that you haven’t copied it to any folder, just copy it to \sdcard.
- Switch off you phone. When its completely off, Press the keys “Home Key”+ ” Volume Up” and “Unlock Key”.
- Now your phone will enter into a place called “Android system recovery”.
- Using the volume up and volume down key choose wipe data (click the home key to select it). This will clear all your phone data.
- After doing wipe, select apply update from sdcard and choose the .zip file you’ve copied.
- Wait till everything completes. Reboot your system and you are done.
If you need a detailed how to install, read: http://mygalaxyyoung.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/how-to-install-a-custom-rom-in-samsung-galaxy-y/